The BodyTogs® Essentials was designed by a US board certified bariatric physician. The supplement is rich in the most common vitamins deficient in the average Western diet including Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin C, Folate, and Thiamin (1). In addition, we have added sufficient amounts of Calcium, Chromium, Vanadium, Carnitine, and EGCG to further support healthy weight. Calcium supplementation has been clinically proven to inhibit intracellular fat storing enzymes (2). The calcium in our product has been sufficiently balanced with magnesium to support overall cardiovascular health. Chromium and Vanadium have shown benefit in weight management through their potential effect on helping to regulate the body’s insulin function (3). We have added only the purist form of L-Carnitine to help support the body’s fat burning capacity which may also help to increase energy levels during weight loss (4). Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG – green tea extract) supports a healthy metabolism among other heart healthy benefits (5). The BodyTogs® Fat Burning supplement has been intelligently designed to support healthy weight in the context of sustaining overall health. The supplement is produced in a US FDA cGMP certified facility ensuring the highest quality ingredients.
- US Department of Agriculture, Agriculture Research Service. Data tables: results from USDA’s 1994-96 Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by
- Individuals and 1994-96 Diet and Health Knowledge Survey. ARS Food Surveys Research Group, 1997.
http://www.barc.usda.gov/bhnrc/foodsurvey/home.htm (accessed 12 March 2005).
- Zemel, Mb, Thompson, W, Milstead, A, et al. Calcium and dairy acceleration of weight loss and fat loss during energy restriction in obese adults. Obes Res. 2004; 12:582-590.
- Komorowski JR, Geohas J, Finch MR, et al. Effect of Chromium Picolinate and biotin on post-prandial hyperglycemia in moderately obese subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Abstract 623-P. NAASO Annual Scientific Assembly 11/2004.
- Wutzke KD and Lorenz H. The effect of L-carnitine on fat oxidation, protein turnover, and body composition in slightly overweight subjects. Metabolism 2004 53(8):1002
- Kuriyama S, Shimazu T, Ohmori K, et al. Green tea consumption and mortality due to cardiovascular disease, cancer, and all causes in Japan. JAMA 2006;296:1255-1266.
- Reda E, D’Iddio S, Nicolai R, et al. The carnitine system and body composition. Acta Diabetol 2003;40; S106-S113.
- Muller DM, Seim H, Kiess W, et al. Effects of oral L-carnitine supplementation on in vivo long-chain fatty acid oxidation in healthy adults. Metabolism 2002;51:1389-1391.
Anderson RA. Chromium: Roles in the Regualtion of Lean Body Mass. In Scientific Evidence for Musculoskeletal, Bariatric, and Sports Nutriion. Kohlstadt I. Taylor & Francis: Boca Raton 2006; 175-189.
- De Bree A, Van Mierlo LA, Draijer R. Folic Acid improves vascular reactivity in humans: a meta-analysis of randomized control trials. Am J Clin Nutr 2007;86:610-17.
6-Step Essentials Vitamin Supplement (120 capsules per bottle)
Contains no animal products
FORMULA: Amount Per 4 Capsules – 120 Capsules per bottle (30 day supply)
Per 4 Capsules:
Ascorbic acid 100% (pure powder) 250 mg
Vitamin D3 (from lanolin) 400 IU
Natural Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 100 IU
Thiamine HCl (B-1) 10 mg
Riboflavin (pure powder B-2) 5 mg
Niacinamide 15 mg
Inositol hexaniacinate (no-flush niacin) 10 mg
Pyridoxine HCl (B-6) 25 mg
Folic acid 800 mcg
Hydroxycobalamin (pure B-12) 100 mcg
Biotin (pure powder) 200 mcg
Calcium pantothenate (B-5) 50 mg
Iodine (potassium iodide) 225 mcg
Calcium (carbonate) 400 mg
Magnesium (oxide) 200 mg
Zinc (citrate) 15 mg
Copper (glycinate) 2 mg
Selenium (selenomethionine) 200 mcg
Manganese (citrate) 3 mg
Chromium (polynicotinate) 300 mcg
Molybdenum (citrate) 100 mcg
Potassium (citrate) 99 mg
Boron (citrate) 3 mg
Vanadium (citrate) 200 mcg
Carnitine (Tartrate) 400 mg
Green Tea Extract (EGCG) 222mg